Thursday, June 23, 2011

Frozen Yogurt Shaved Ice

Le sigh. You think with two cameras and a smartphone I would have somehow been able to capture the awesome Filipino pork skewers and chicken bbq we made yesterday. Or the giant ten-course (?) Chinese family dinner we had after my grandmother's memorial service. Or my sandwich from Specialty's. Or the delicious eggplant dish Jeff created. Nope. I was out of battery every time.

Luckily, during my six hour cleaning spree yesterday I found all my charger cords in the backpack I brought to Hawaii. Which reminds me of a great treat perfect for the hot weather we have been experiencing lately.

There is a place in Kona that takes shaved ice to the next level.
We found this place through Yelp and they give discounts during check-in too!

Frozen Yogurt Shaved Ice

Tropical Frozen Yogurts
Kailua-Kona, HI

Step 1: Fill Cup halfway with shaved ice.

Step 2: Add frozen yogurt swirl on top.


Step 3: Cover with tall peak of shaved ice. Pack in tightly.

Step 4: Add flavored syrups.


Does your shaved ice look like this right now?


If yes, you are on the right track.

Step 5: Swirl on condensed milk OR sprinkle local favorite Li-Hing-Mui as topping.


Step 6: Eat first. Thank my later.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment