Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hello

I've thought about this project on and off for the past year.

This blog is a spin-off of my facebook photo album titled "You Are Getting Hungry" which apparently made many people hungry, including myself. The photo album was actually created to get more eating buddies and share/recommend dishes I truly enjoyed. I spent the year procrastinating, researching and debating everything from which blog site to use, titles (this f life, hello delish, yumyumintum, ahhyum, iloveyum), and what I should include as content. This cycle of hesitation and procrastination probably would have continued if a certain chain of events hadn't occurred.

1. Yesterday, I read an article of top 5 regrets people have on their deathbed, the first one being lacking the courage to live life true one's self instead of according to others expectations.

2. Two days ago I read a guide to blogging that mentioned a) committing for the haul, b) choosing a topic you enjoy and c) focusing posts on the topic(s). I tend to blog all over the place. This will be great practice in discipline for me.

3. Someone was playing loud rock music outside at 1am. I couldn't sleep.

4. In my sleepy-but-awake state, scrolled through my facebook notifications. Someone commented on the photo album, I scrolled through my photos and quickly became hungry.

5. I decided. Nothing fancy, just start something and work out the details later.

A work in progress. Suggestions are very welcome.

[last thing: starbucks green tea latte]

0 comments:

Post a Comment